Followers

Monday, January 28, 2013

REVIEW~ The New Normal by Ashley Little

Tamar Robinson knows a lot about loss--more than any teenager should. Her younger sisters are dead, her parents are adrift in a sea of grief, and now Tamar is losing her hair. Nevertheless, she navigates her rocky life as best she can, not always with grace, but with her own brand of twisted humor. She joins the chess club with her friend Roy, earns a part in the school production of The Wizard of Oz, buys an awesome wig, lands a crappy job, gets invited to the prom (by three different guys!) and helps her parents re-enter the land of the living. What Tamar lacks in tact (and hair), she makes up for in sheer tenacity. REVIEW 4-STARS**** I was unsure I was going to enjoy this book, but it captured my attention from the first chapter- and never let go. I loved the characters- (would like to have read more about the doctor) This was a fantastic book, but there seemed to be something missing- however it was far from a let down and I would recommend this to my friends. This was a light, fun, fast, and interesting read- while also having depth to the message it packed. I really enjoyed this story and breezed through it as each chapter brought something new and more interesting. At the same time I felt like if this book had a few more chapters I could have given it five stars. I liked that the book was fast paced and did not drag on one subject. (however a few seemed to need more) Also one small problem I had with the book was that I did not like that there were not many more surprises other than those listed in the synopsis, but overall worth the read :) The New Normal makes a great addition to my bookshelves and I'm glad I had the chance to read and review this book. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment