Followers

Sunday, December 21, 2014

REVIEW: The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

Winning what you want may cost you everything you love As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions. One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin. But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined. Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart. REVIEW 5 STARS***** This book was amazing and I loved every second of it. The writing was beautiful, the story well-written and refreshing, giving the reader a nice change of pace. I started this book the same day I received it intending to only read the first chapter. I found myself reading the entire night until there were only five chapters left, but I finished after only three hours of sleep. I cannot wait for the second book to come out and I'm so sad that I will have to wait. I loved the entire idea surrounding this book and it did not disappoint. The characters were likable, however, the romance was kind of just sudden and there. I was not really sure how the two characters became so involved, but just go with it because that's minor compared to the whole of the book. The cover on this book is a stunning in person as it is online and I just wanted to pet it. The Winner's Curse is worth the investment of time, money, and one less space available on your bookshelf. I have high hopes for the next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment