Followers

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Review The Third Scroll by Dana Marton (Hardstorm Saga, Book 1)

Paperback: 450 pages Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (April 23, 2012) Language: English Sold into slavery, Tera, a budding healer is thrust into the savage realm of barbarian warlords, the same realm which claimed her mother years ago. She must avoid the displeasure of her warrior lord and survive the cruelties of the concubines, even as war threatens on the horizon. Yet a greater danger looms when she catches the eye of the most powerful lord of the land and he takes her for his Pleasure Hall. Tera struggles to escape, while searching for the secret behind her mother's death. But what she discovers challenges everything she believes in. A path set long ago beckons. A path that could lead to triumph, or the destruction of her world. Epic fantasy, 108,000 words. Coming to all e-book formats on May 1, 2012 REVIEW~ 5-STARS ***** This story is awesome! This book glued itself to my thoughts for a long time after. The Third Scroll is the best book I read in 2012. I won a copy of the book in a giveaway for free and I'm hooked. If you are not sure you want to read this book -You Should- The Third Scroll is captivating, unique, and refreshing. It was not long before I developed a compassionate connection with the main character Tara, and I was sucked into her heartwrenching world. This was the first book I read of Dana Marton's and I enjoyed her writing style. I was happy with how she wrote the book- stopping just when she needed to and never taking it too far. I'm impatiently waiting for the rest of Tara's story. I will read every book to come in the Hardstorm Saga. (Update 04/05/2014 it has been about two years since I've read this book, and I still think about the story and check back often for a second book)

No comments:

Post a Comment