Followers

Thursday, March 6, 2014

REVIEW: Belle Epoque by Elizabeth Ross

Belle Epoque by Elizabeth Ross~ Age Range: 12 and up Grade Level: 7 and up Hardcover: 336 pages Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers (June 11, 2013) When Maude Pichon runs away from provincial Brittany to Paris, her romantic dreams vanish as quickly as her savings. Desperate for work, she answers an unusual ad. The Durandeau Agency provides its clients with a unique service—the beauty foil. Hire a plain friend and become instantly more attractive. Monsieur Durandeau has made a fortune from wealthy socialites, and when the Countess Dubern needs a companion for her headstrong daughter, Isabelle, Maude is deemed the perfect foil. But Isabelle has no idea her new "friend" is the hired help, and Maude's very existence among the aristocracy hinges on her keeping the truth a secret. Yet the more she learns about Isabelle, the more her loyalty is tested. And the longer her deception continues, the more she has to lose. REVIEW: 5-STARS ***** Five- Stars- This was a unique story that held my interest until the very end. I would recommend to everyone (Clean Read). I adore this book and it's atmosphere- I could not put it down. I loved the characters in this book they were interesting, likeable, and I felt as though I were in their world. I enjoyed this book much more than I anticipated, and it left me wanting more. I loved the whole idea surrounding this book and I could definitely see this being transformed into a movie. I do not read books more than once but this is one I would choose if I had to.This is a book you must read- it's not perfect, but delightful. (I won a free copy of this book in a giveaway)

No comments:

Post a Comment